Thursday, October 7, 2010

Born to Bead Me!!!

I have been in love with creating jewelry since I was a sophomore at Saline High School in Michigan. I had an art teacher, Taylor Jacobson, that is the one that really motivated me to be artistic and I am thanking him every day.

My mom also encouraged me and actually would take me to the big bead shop in Ann Arbor, it was the most awesome place in the world as far as I was concerned. And even now, me approaching 50 and her 70, she still is my number one fan and supporter. She is also my best friend, we talk almost every day. My dad has also become a great source of encouragement and loves to see what new things I have designed. They are going to be celebrating thier 50th anniversary next week on a cruise through Canada - I love you both dearly.

Another great memory is when we took a family vacation to Arizona and I got addicted to turquoise. I actually still have some of the stones left and made a fantastic bracelet years ago that I still wear.

Looking forward to many more years with my mom/business partner and dad/#1 fan, constantly evolving my designs and business.

More to come,
Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment