Friday, August 27, 2010

I just can't stop buying glass and decals!!

Every time I place an order for glass or decals ( www.delphiglass.com ) with my supplier out of Michigan I say this is the last order and guess what... it's not. I am in love with "shiny" things so I guess jewelry was a good thing for me to get into. I have been asked to create a couple special order items so of course I had to order more stuff and of course there is a minimum order - oh well it could be worse. I figure I quit drinking and smoking, this is my new addiction!!! My only regret is that I didn't get into this sooner, what an awesome thing to take a few pieces of glass and create a piece of art that someone actually wants to buy. It is sometimes tough for me to part with many of the pieces I create, I have been known to sell a pendant that I am wearing, there are only 2 I will NEVER part with.

I also design beaded jewelry, that is actually where I got my start. When I was a teenager I taught myself macrame' and made necklaces and bracelets for my friends and did a couple shows in my home town of Saline, MI. I even did the hanging plant holders that were so popular in the 70's. :o)

OK that's enough rambling for one day. Now I want to go to the "glass cave" (my studio) and create, but I already have too much for my tables as it is - such a dilemma.

Peace,
Deby

2 comments:

  1. So what are the two pieces you'll never part with? Sounds like an interesting blogpost to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first one I ever made in the class I took adn the first one I made in my own kiln.

    ReplyDelete