Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Creating More Glass Everyday - Decals Rule!

I decided to start creating a new line of "Expressive Glass". This is done with decals in black, sepia or 22k gold. I am making fused glass (wikipedia.org/wiki/Fused_glass) pendants with Chinese characters, dragonflies, sea scapes, critters and verbage. Most of these will be for sale at the shops that I currently sell my pieces in (see yeaterdays blog). The decals are actually fused into the glass and are like a temporary tattoo that are soaked in water and placed on the glass before they are fused in a kiln. I typically use regular opalescent glass but sometimes I incorporate the dichroic (2 color) pattern glass (wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichroic_glass).


Do What You Love - Love What You DO!!
Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment