Tuesday, October 23, 2012

I'm Back....

I cannot believe I haven't posted a blog in 5 months, well that's going to change right now! A lot has happened in the last few months, knee replaced, job lost, great shows over the summer and now a new venture.

About that new venture, since I lost my job and the thought of looking for a job at the age of 51 was not at all appealing, I have decided to try my hand at the glass full time. A couple weeks ago I approached my dear friend Eva Sherman of Grand River Beads and Gifts (grandriverbeads.com) to see it I could rent some space. Before I left that day we had started to rearrange the shop to make room for me and my goods. 

Here is the space right now:
This past weekend I went to Delphi Glass in Michigan and purchased everything I need to have my own little shop within the shop. I am stocking basic tools, gorgeous dichroic glass packs, nice variety opalescent and clear glass all COE 90. If I don't have we can order it and I can save you some bucks (inc kilns, grinders etc.). I am proud to say I am Cuyahoga Counties only Authorized Delphi Dealer.

I have a new appreciation for small business's getting inventory packaged and shelves stocked, tomorrow is day three and I hope to be done. The materials will be on the slat wall that you see in the picture above.

The first official day will be November 1st (party to come in Dec). All if my finished pieces are exclusively for sale here (see 2 display cases above), my website (debysdesigns.net) and Etsy. Another cool thing is will be teaching classes @ once a week, for the schedule check either website above.

I sure hope this flies, I love glass and want to share!!

Check back, more news coming.
Deby

 

No comments:

Post a Comment