Sunday, November 6, 2011

Shows are fun and sometimes even profitable

If I make a bad choice doing a show that I am clearly not going to make much money I try to make the most of out.When you are given lemons, make lemonade - when a craft show gives you lemons, I make friends and contacts. I was told by a wise friend that if you are asked how you are doing at a show... always say fantastic no matter how good or bad sales are. Keep 'em guessing and keep it positive.



I had the best time with a lot of grand old dames (they called themselves that) this past weekend and actually made a bit of money. I honestly think it was because was positive and made everyone around me smile and laugh. I will be back next year just to see my grand old friends!



Next Saturday is Basket of Treasures at the Westlake High School and I am looking forward to putting a few more bucks in my pocket and hopefully make some new friends. My niece Olivia will be with me for the first time, I am hoping she takes to it and can help me from time to time.

Just bought the molds I need for coasters and candle holders and hope to start experimenting with them next weekend. Loving the new kiln, it does a super job!

Seriously considering going to the Glass Expo in Vegas next year, classes are really expensive but I think I would take away a lot of great information. We have friends there to my husband will have things to do while I learn new things, AND we can write it off... bonus.

All the best,
Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment